Wednesday, June 15, 2016

I am... I can... I will...

One of my favorite 6th, 7th, and 8th grade projects! Integrating writing and Art! The first day of this assignment is spent writing in response to the statements: I am... I can... I will... The students are to write positive responses about themselves. I give some examples to get them started but they are encouraged to be creative with their writing and make it personalized. The next day, using a projector/spotlight, the students help each other trace their shadow, silhouette on a poster board. The background of the project is to be filled with their statements and writing. The inside of the silhouette can be filled with images of hobbies and interests.












All of my students are so creative and unique! 
This project allows them to express themselves in a positive way! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment